Social-emotional skills are critically important for success in school, work, and life.
The Tessera Teacher Playbook provides actionable lessons for teachers looking to integrate social and emotional learning into their classrooms. Its curriculum and activities are designed to help students continue to develop their noncognitive skill strengths and to improve upon their weaknesses.
This free 26-page PDF preview of the Playbook includes:
- A broad overview explaining conventions in the Playbook and answers to the question: Can social and emotional skills can be taught?
- The introduction to the curriculum unit on teamwork, which identifies the intended learning outcomes and includes three guided discussion activities
- The first activity section from the teamwork unit, “Individual Differences Activities,” with four activities ranging from 15 to 40 minutes that tackle issues like diversity and inclusion
- Insights into how to work with Tessera assessment results, which details the difference between roster reports and student reports and includes tactics for goal-setting and progress monitoring
- The complete table of contents and references used in the Playbook and its curriculum